1. The more original the question, the better. It may benefit you to listen to past episodes of TAS, interviews with featured guests or TAS hosts, panels featuring either guests or hosts, etc before submitting something for the show.
2. Be nice. You’d think we wouldn’t have to say that, but here we are. Ask yourself: “Is what I’m asking or requesting something that could be considered offensive/rude/inappropriate?”
3. Limit submissions to one per show. You can ask multiple questions, just compile them into one message. If you’ve already sent something via email, please do not send anything through Twitter the day of the show.
4. Questions easily answered with a YES or NO don’t typically make for very interesting conversation.
5. “What was it like to record [insert show/scene/etc here]?” OR “How did you feel when [blah blah blah] happened?” type of questions tend not to make it on the show because the answers 9 times out of 10 are similar to an answer previously given. Again, it may benefit you to listen to past shows, interviews, panels.
6. Though we’re all affiliated with particular companies, keep in mind that we do not represent them. Anything sent regarding licensing, marketing, etc will not be answered.
7. Do not contact the guests in an effort to get your question on the show. It is not fair to those that went through the appropriate channels.
8. Do not attempt to contact a member of TAS or guest (past, present, or future) through email@example.com for matters unrelated to That Anime Show.
9. Search engines, books, videos, workshops, classes are all most likely available wherever you are located if you’re interested in breaking into VO. We wish any & all that attempt to a career in this crazy business good luck. That being said, questions sent to us asking “How to break into Voice Acting” are not answered often.
10. If for whatever reason your question is not asked, don’t take it personally.
11. The only submissions considered for the show are either sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on the day of the recording OR through our Twitter page (@ThatAnimeShow) during the recording process. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING THROUGH THE FACEBOOK PAGE OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE. Anything sent to Twitter before the recording has begun OR after noon to email@example.com will not be considered.
That Anime Show is THE podcast for big fans of shows produced by FUNimation and the awesome talent that bring the shows to life. Check it out! B)
…..its official if Kirbopher says so it must be true! :3
There are two things that scare the hell out of me: spiders and tornadoes.
Spiders scare me cause, come on, they are creepy eight legged, furry, poisonous things. I can handle any small ones that I can step on, but the big bastards are what get to me.
Tornadoes are funnels of doom for me. One, I live in a mobile home, not the place to be with a tornado. Two, will they can kill me.
So that’s what scares me, both totally two different things and weird I know. Have a Happy and Scary Halloween!
‘That Anime Show’ is great! I’ve recently discovered the website and I just love hearing every podcast! I find it very entertaining and I can’t wait to hear more! Terri! Tatum! STEPHEN! You guys are awesome and keep up the good work, you’re wicked!
Please ask the Ayres brothers to come to a convention in Australia!!!!! They are really…REALLY COOL and I would love to meet them! Actually, I think you guys should come too! I’d love to meet you all too 🙂
MAKE MORRRREEEEEE! Come to Illinois sometime!
Thank-you so much for creating this show its epic and it totally makes my day when ever I listen,though not exactly the best to listen to when other people are in the room.
To Tatum (even though I doubt you’ll ever read this); Your laugh is the BEST laugh I’ve ever heard!!!!!!!!!
YOU GUYS SHOULD COME TO ANIME MILWAUKEE!!!!!
We would love to attend Anime Milwaukee, Mari! Unfortunately, its not up to us. You’re more than welcome to suggest that TAS makes an appearance!
You guys are amazing!!! I heard you all talking about Samurai 7 on the show, so at katsucon 2011 in MD I bought it and I love it!!! I wanted to say thanks for introducing me too it! Its not something I would have thought I would like to watch but since you guyes seemed to like it I figured I would see what it was and it was the best decision I have made! TATUM YOUR AMAZING!!!!!!
I love this show sooo much!! :3 I am a huge anime fan and love Greg Ayres’s voice. Could you guys possibly do another podcast with him? The yulecon podcast was just so hilarious.
I would HIGHLY suggest that TAS make an appearance at Neko Con here in Hampton, Virginia in November. This beach and the con would never be the same…
To those who keep requesting that TAS or any of the guests should come to X Con, don’t post it here! There is nothing they can do unless they are invited to the con.
If you want them to appear at X Con, go to the message forums or contact the convention organizers to please invite them to bring them to X Con. Even better is rallying your friends to do the same thing. Conventions will listen if there is a vocal group of people who want to see a person invited. Bugging TAS to do it Does Nothing. YOU have to take the initiative to tell them.
I LOVE “That Anime Show” so much! Once I found it and listened to it, I was hooked and it’s helped me survive all the traveling our family has to do! My mom always gives me the same strange face everytime I listen to you guys because apparently, I have a goofy smile on my face. Thanks guys!
-Maddie, The Freak
Think D.H. have a point (comment above). It’s no using asking TAS to come to this and that here.
What you need to do is to contact the convention organizers.
Even though D.H. says you should go to message forums, I don’t that will be very effective. The most effective approach is to contact the convention organizers.
I love you all !!!!!! You should have Greg on the show more he’s freakin awesome!!!!!!
The two funniest hours of my month are That Anime Show.
You guys always bring a smile to my face, and a smile is one of the best things you can give to a person 🙂
So thank you!
I just started listening recently, and you talk about “the chatroom” and for the life of me I cannot find that if it even still exsists.. If someone could help with that, that would be awesome 😀
We no longer use the chat room.
Would you please have Jerry Jewell back at some point? This show makes my day. I showed it to my friend in socials class once, and she laughed so hard the teacher asked if she was ok and she had to go to the bathroom to calm down. X3 I think it was an Ian St.Clair episode. Can’t wait for more!!!!! XD
I just wanted to say that I downloaded all the episodes onto my IPod after seeing the ‘It Gets Better’ video. So glad that I did. Love the humor and the random little philisophical moments. (Can’t forget your laughter. I loooove TAS’s laughter.)
SO- I just wanted to ask if you guys had any stories from your days working at Funimation where something went hilariously wrong, people were being weird or something to that extent.
Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for putting these rules up! I know without them I’d probably would be irritating you guys a lot more!
thank you guys for doing this tthat anime show.
Don’t think we forgot about That Anime Show!!! You guys should come back every few years just for one special episode feat a lot of guests or something like that.