1. The more original the question, the better. It may benefit you to listen to past episodes of TAS, interviews with featured guests or TAS hosts, panels featuring either guests or hosts, etc before submitting something for the show.
2. Be nice. You’d think we wouldn’t have to say that, but here we are. Ask yourself: “Is what I’m asking or requesting something that could be considered offensive/rude/inappropriate?”
3. Limit submissions to one per show. You can ask multiple questions, just compile them into one message. If you’ve already sent something via email, please do not send anything through Twitter the day of the show.
4. Questions easily answered with a YES or NO don’t typically make for very interesting conversation.
5. “What was it like to record [insert show/scene/etc here]?” OR “How did you feel when [blah blah blah] happened?” type of questions tend not to make it on the show because the answers 9 times out of 10 are similar to an answer previously given. Again, it may benefit you to listen to past shows, interviews, panels.
6. Though we’re all affiliated with particular companies, keep in mind that we do not represent them. Anything sent regarding licensing, marketing, etc will not be answered.
7. Do not contact the guests in an effort to get your question on the show. It is not fair to those that went through the appropriate channels.
8. Do not attempt to contact a member of TAS or guest (past, present, or future) through email@example.com for matters unrelated to That Anime Show.
9. Search engines, books, videos, workshops, classes are all most likely available wherever you are located if you’re interested in breaking into VO. We wish any & all that attempt to a career in this crazy business good luck. That being said, questions sent to us asking “How to break into Voice Acting” are not answered often.
10. If for whatever reason your question is not asked, don’t take it personally.
11. The only submissions considered for the show are either sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on the day of the recording OR through our Twitter page (@ThatAnimeShow) during the recording process. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING THROUGH THE FACEBOOK PAGE OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE. Anything sent to Twitter before the recording has begun OR after noon to email@example.com will not be considered.